Online security begins with responsible use of social media. Besides your profile name and street name, you choose what information you share on your profile. Read more about the safety of Hoplr.
What profile information can I edit?
Through the app and website, you can edit the following profile information:
- Your profile name
- Your profile picture
- Your introduction on the neighbourhood and how long you've been a resident
- Your profession or occupation
- Neighbourhood help
- Your pets
- Your interests
- Your score for the neighbourhood
Through the website (www.hoplr.com) you'll gain access to a couple of extra profile settings:
- Your website
- Background image of your profile
Looking for other settings? Take a look at these articles:
- how to change your e-mail address
- how to change which notifications you receive
- how you change your address
- how to change your profile language
How can I edit my profile?
Via the website:
- Click on your profile picture at the top right.
- Click 'Edit my profile'.
- Complete or edit as needed.
- Click 'Save' on the bottom right of any section you edit.
Via the app:
- Tap your profile picture at the top right or tap 'My profile' via 'more' at the bottom right.
- Tap 'Complete your profile' in the green box.
- This wizard will take you through seven steps to complete your profile.
- Tap 'Next' to save your changes and go to the next step. You can tap 'Skip' if you didn't make any changes.
- Tap 'Finish' at the last step.
To change your profile name with the app, you'll have to go to your settings.
- Tap 'Settings' via 'more' at the bottom right.
- Tap 'Account & Login'.
- Edit your first and/or last name and tap 'Save'.
When editing your profile, keep the Hoplr house rules in mind.
- Use your real name or a recognisable nickname. This way, we'll enhance trust and familiarity within the neighbourhood.
- Refrain from using a political profile picture, background picture or user name.
- Don't use your profile for advertising purposes. You can add your company to the local directory.