Popular social media are sometimes called 'anti-social', as they are thought to stimulate isolation. We agree. However, we strongly believe that this doesn't have to be the case. Hoplr aims to bring neighbours closer together, mainly offline.
- Online contact lowers the threshold to meet offline.
- The neighbourhood network connects help requests and offers.
- The neighbourhood calendar stimulates neighbourhood activities.
- External parties feed conversation, inclusion and engagement.
- Hoplr offers tools for community workers and other social profiles.
- Tools for citizen engagement enhance involvement.