Hoplr is for everyone! Also for those who do not speak the native language of their place of residence. That is why we added a translation function.
Here is what you need to know about languages on Hoplr:
Hoplr is currently available in six languages. This means the platform itself, such as the menu titles.
(Dutch, French, English, German, Luxembourgish, Turkish)
- Users may post in their preferred language. Read more here
The translation feature allows you to quickly translate neighborhood posts and corresponding responses into one of the 11 available languages.*
(Dutch, French, English, German, Luxembourgish, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Polish and Turkish).
Here is how it works:
- Go to 'Settings' by clicking on your profile picture at the top right corner (via the website) or by clicking 'more' at the bottom right corner (via the app).
- At 'Language (and options)' you can change your (translation) language.
- At the top of 'Language' you choose the platform language.
- At the bottom, at 'Translate language', you choose the language to which neighborhood messages can be translated.*
Please note: Neighborhood messages are not automatically translated. To actually translate, follow these steps*:
- Click on the arrow at the top right of the message you want to translate.
- Click on 'Translate'.
- This post and corresponding responses will be displayed in your translation language.
*Please note: For now, the translation feature is not available in all regions. It is therefore possible that you do not see the options as described above.