In this article:
Activating neighbour help
Hopr wants to connect neighbours who are looking for help to those who are offering it. That's why it is now possible to indicate how you can help your neighbours in your profile. This is how:
- Click on your profile picture.
- Select 'Edit my profile'. Are you using the app? Then press the button in the green box that says 'Complete your profile'
- Scroll until you get to the fifth part: 'How can you help your neighbours?'. Through the app, press 'Next' three times, until you reach step 4.
- Write a brief summary about the kind of help you can offer. What are your talents and experience? When would you be available?
- Click on the categories to view the different kinds of help.
- Select the forms of help that you can offer. It's not possible to add any categories. By keeping these simple, we'll be able to easily match supply and demand. Do you really feel that a type of help is missing? Send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click 'Save'.
This will automatically generate and post a message into the neighbourhood, so that your neighbours can see the types of help you're offering. You can delete this message or add text and/or an image:
- Go to the neighbourhood feed. To do that, click 'Home' on the top left.
- Click on the arrow at the top right of the message.
- Finally, click 'Edit' or 'Delete'.
Will you be unavailable for some time and would you prefer not to be contacted about neighbour help (e.g. you're going out of town)? In that case, you can simply turn off neighbour help. Hoplr will remember your help offer, so that you can easily turn it on again when you're ready. This is how:
- Go to your profile.
- Next to 'How can you help your neighbours', click 'Edit'.
- Turn off the switch next to 'Availability'.
List of volunteers
Just below 'Availability', you'll see a second switch, namely 'List of volunteers'. If you turn this on, you're giving permission for your city to contact you through the Hoplr chat. In that case, they'll be able to see the kind of help you're offering and invite you for volunteering work. Of course, there are no obligations.