There are quite a lot of advantages to Hoplr neighbourhoods compared to Facebook groups. Here are the main differences:
- One neighbourhood: based on your address, Hoplr automatically connects your account to the only correct Hoplr neighbourhood.
- Closed: Hoplr neighbourhoods are automatically closed. To gain access, one has to enter an address that belongs to a specific neighbourhood.
- Reliable: as a European startup, Hoplr values privacy greatly and is completely GDPR conform.
- Free of advertising: Read about Hoplr's business model, here.
- Neighbourhood centred: Hoplr was built with the neighbourhood in mind. Its functionalities contribute to social cohesion, inclusive neighbourhoods, physical encounters and citizen engagement.
- Citizen engagement: Hoplr stimulates citizen initiative and allows you to share ideas with your local government. (*)
- Communication from your local government: You'll receive messages, alerts, activities and opportunities to get involved from your local government. (*)
- Community management: In all Hoplr neighbourhoods, the same clear house rules are in place, developed and carried out by experienced community builders.
(*) Provided that your local government is a Hoplr partner.