In short about security on Hoplr:
- When registering, you have to agree to use your real identity. Based on your address, you will be appointed to your one correct Hoplr neighbourhood.
- People who are not registered to your specific Hoplr neighbourhood, can't view any of its content. Google or any other search engine cannot index or view its data either. That's what we mean when we say 'Hoplr is a 'closed' neighbourhood network'.
- People who are registered to your specific Hoplr neighbourhood can view your profile name and street name. Other than that, you're completely in charge of the information you share. We do not share your e-mail address or house number with your neighbours and nor do we share any personal data with other parties. This is what we mean by the security and protection of your personal data.
As is the case on any social network (and in real life) you have to be mindful about the information you share:
- People can use a fake name.
- People can pretend to be someone they're not.
- Never share personal data, vacation moments or pictures of your home.
Hoplr is free of advertising and doesn't share or sell any personal data, unlike most other social networks. Read about our business model.